Pages

9/8/10

once upon a time...

...there was a maiden who liked to cook all sorts of delicious foods to share with others.  as this passion developed, so did the idea to create a blog to document her favorite things.

she blogged for months and months, spending hours in the kitchen creating and re-creating triumphant culinary treats, and even more hours diligently recording her process, successes and failures.

as the second summer season drew to a close, so came the advent of a new and exciting chapter in this maiden's story: the chapter about how she will be in graduate school for the next two years.

yes, reader[s]...as you may have gleaned from this fractured fairy tale, i have sadly let my blog fall by the wayside since august to prepare myself, mentally and temporally, for my first year of graduate school.

it's going to be an insanely challenging two years (if these first two weeks are any prediction of what is to come).  but i hope to continue to explore the creative outlet i've found through cooking, blogging and sharing, even while up to my elbows in papers to grade, books  to read, and essays to write.

i promise to be diligent in my notifications of any updates, of which, at least until thanksgiving, i fear might be few and far between.

in the meantime know that i still care about all things culinary, delicious, and kind...and that absolutely NO kind of graduate or post-doctoral program will force me to ever consume anything that only requires microwaving.  and the same should go for you.

yours truly and scrumptiously,
m.


ps...
look what i just got!!!!

2 comments:

  1. you are scrum diddlaly umptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mollycule,

    It's Jamie. I'm loving the blog, but having trouble reading because of the contrast between the wood paneling and this white text box. Maybe it's just me. I guess I could just add it to my Google Reader. Anyways, hope you're doing well. See you soon!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete