Pages

10/10/11

brown-bag challenge!

i have come to the realization that it is going to be impossible for me to continue my frivolous lunchtime spending habits.  i have a honeymoon jar to fill, after all!

so this week, i am going to challenge myself to five days straight of brown-bagging.  it shouldn't be hard, since i recently acquired this cheery lunchbox for myself, so i can tote my snacks to school in style:



so, what have i packed in my lunchbox for today?


-green sandwich, featuring three-grain bread from big sky, hummus, cucumbers, avocado, and roasted red peppers (although i lament the lack of sprouts, which are usually a staple for this sandwich)

-honeycrisp apple slices


*UPDATE*
the quality of this sandwich increases gajillionfold simply by toasting the bread.  heaven.




i love packing lunches on mondays, since our fridge is freshly stocked with the bounty from our trip to the sunday morning farmer's market.  if there is any avocado left by the end of the week, i might have to repeat this sandwich a few more times before resorting to the traditional pbj.

any other suggestions for creative veggie sandwich delights?




No comments:

Post a Comment