Pages

3/9/10

after work DIY!

my itch to diy anything and everything is starting to wreak havoc on my house. because our house is small, my boyfriend and i are slowly but surely being driven out by crochet hooks, fabric scraps, spools of thread, skeins of yarn, and hot glue guns. i want a place to relax and get out all of my diy ya-ya's that doesn't make my living room look like a catastrophe, but a tiny house with little extra space forces me to be creative.

after work this afternoon, i zipped over to lowe's to pick up some supplies to make a makeshift sewing/craft/diy area... in the basement. for under $100 dollars i got everything i needed to spruce up a space that doesn't necessarily have to be for laundry and cobwebs.

materials:
-1 14x4 piece of pegboard, cut in thirds (mostly so i could fit it into my car... about $15)
-1 quart eggshell finish paint (i chose valspar 3002-2B- "peach tickle"... about $10)
- 2 packs of assorted peg board hooks (about $10)
-paint brush (which i already had)
-a sunny, warm march afternoon (free!)

i put 2 coats of paint on the boards, but in retrospect i wish i had some primer... the compressed wood absorbs paint kind of streakily. nevertheless, they are outside drying as we speak. i can't wait to put them downstairs and continue the project! more, including pictures of the finished product, coming soon...




No comments:

Post a Comment